20 Awesome jQuery Plugins of 2014 from Past Few Months
We are back with yet another monthly collection of Best jQuery plugins. Today we have collected 20 Awesome never seen before jQuery plugins from past few months that can serve number of purposes for you.
If you have missed our past roundups, check out links below.
- 20 Best Responsive Image Lightbox jQuery Plugins
- 20 Best Jquery Plugins Of July 2014
- 10 Best Jquery File Upload Plugins With Image Previews
- 20 Latest Jquery Plugins for June 2014
1. Jquery UI Slider – Add Pips, Floats and Labels to Range Sliders.
jQuery UI Slider Pips is a jQuery plugin for making jQuery UI Sliders a little bit nicer by adding little ‘pips’ , ‘floats’ and labels to a slider.
- Adds small “pips” and “labels” to the slider.
- Extends the jQuery UI Slider widget.
- Easily Configurable.
- Works for both Horizontal and Vertical sliders.
- Doesn’t change default slider behaviour.
- Purely a visual plugin.
Author on Twitter : @simeydotme
2. Wobbly Slider – Navigate Item with Jelly like Wobbly Fashion.
Wobbly Slideshow is a slider with which the Navigation from one item to another makes the items move in a wobbly fashion. The idea is based on a Dribble shot called GIF Exercise by Sergey Valiukh where a lot of jell-o-like movements are happening.
Author on Twitter : @crnacura
3. ProgressBar.js – Beautiful and responsive progress bars with animated SVG paths.
ProgressBar.js is a Beautiful and responsive progress bars with animated SVG paths.
With ProgressBar.js, it’s easy to create arbitrary shaped progress bars. This library provides a few built‑in shapes like Line, Circle and Square but you can also create your own progress bars with Illustrator or any vector graphic editor.
ProgressBar.js is lightweight, MIT licensed and supports all major browsers including IE9+
4. jQuery ScrollWatch – Determine active Menu sections based on viewport scrolling.
ScrollWatch is a jQuery plugin for determining active sections on the page based on viewport scrolling.
- determining which section on the page (or inside a custom scrollable element) is currently active
- many options, including multiple modes of resolution (visible height, focus line, custom, none)
- mapping the active section to an “active class” on some list of elements (e.g. menu items)
5. Rounded Animated Fullscreen Navigation Menu.
An experimental full-screen navigation menu using CSS and jQuery, that expands within a circle.
Inspired by the new Ping iOS app and it’s supported by all major browsers
6. A jQuery Face Detection plugin that works on images and videos.
Face detection is a jQuery plugin to detect faces on images, videos and canvases to get theirs coordinates.
Author on Twitter : @jaysalvat
7. checkBo – jQuery Plugin for Custom Checkbox and Radio Buttons With Android and iOS Support.
checkBo is a lightweight jQuery plugin for custom checkbox and radio.
- Cross browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera ( PC, MACOS ). IE8+
- Handheld/Touch devices support: Andriod, IOS, BlackBerry
- Lightweight Plugin
- Check all checkboxes
- Size options: Default, Small, Medium, Large
- NO classes or custom attributes are required for states:checked.
Author on Twitter : @ElmahdiMahmoud
8. jQuery Plugin For Making DOM Elements Sparkle (uses Canvas).
A little Canvas jQuery plugin to add magic for making DOM elements sparkle (uses Canvas).
- Looks sexy
- Straight out of 90’s DHTML days, but with canvas!!!
- Wont work < IE9
- Requires RAF Polyfill for old-ish browsers
- Pointer-events doesnt work in IE9, meaning no singleton DOM Support (img,hr,br,input) unless wrapped in a DIV
- Can look funny at start if your styles take a while to render (just delay load)
9. Strip – A Responsive Lightbox that only Partially Covers the Page.
Strip is a Less Intrusive Responsive Lightbox that only partially covers the page. This makes it less intrusive and leaves room to interact with the page on larger screens while giving smaller mobile devices the classic Lightbox experience.
Strip uses jQuery and supports all major browsers.
Author on Twitter – @staaky
It automatically centers itself on the page and looks great no matter if you’re using a desktop computer, mobile or tablet. It’s highly customizeable.
Author on Twitter : @t4t5
11. Cute File Browser with jQuery, PHP and CSS3.
Cute file browser can be uploaded to a folder somewhere on your site and share documents, pictures and other files with the world.
The app is built with PHP and jQuery and uses CSS3 extensively – no images or icons were used in the design, and the animations are smooth and work well even on smartphones.
The script doesn’t use a database and no configuration is needed.
12. Jquery oLoader – Easily Add Loaders to HTML Components.
jQuery oLoader lets you easily customize all of its components such as loading image, background, complete callback function and much more.
13. PagePiling.js – Create Beautiful Fullscreen Scrolling Websites.
Create beautiful scrolling websites with pagePiling.js, Pile your sections one over another and access them scrolling or by URL!
Plenty of options, methods and callbacks to use.
Designed to work on tablet and mobile devices. Oh! And its compatible with old browsers such as IE 8 or Opera 12!
14. CSS3 Paper Cards Accordion Inspired by Google Material Design.
Paper collapse is a simple CSS3 collapsible paper cards accordion inspired by Google material design.
- FontAwesome > v4.1.0 Or you can modify the after pseudo element with your own choice of icons.
- Jquery > 2.1.0
Author on Twitter : @AlexanderRuehle
15. Teletype – Jquery Replicating Human Typing and Interaction.
Teletype is a jQuery plugin that types out text, and then optionally deletes it, replicating human interaction.
Additional options provide the ability to preserve the typed text, in a console / terminal format, pause during typing and delete characters.
16. ScotchPanels.js – jQuery Off Canvas Menus and Panels Plugin.
ScotchPanels.js is a jQuery plugin for easily creating off canvas menus, navigations, and other panel types such as images, videos, and iframes.
Scotch Panels work from any container so you can put your side navigation on any element you want.
Lastly, there’s over 30 stripped down code samples to get you up and running in no time.
- Fully Responsive
- Custom transition styles
- Completely Customizable with tons of optional settings
- Lightweight, easy to use, and only one file
- Cross Browser Support
- Open Source
- Choose either custom HTML, images, iframes, or video panels
- Optionally use HTM5 Data Attributes
- Off Canvas directions from top, Bottom, left, and right
- Works from any container or div
- Extensive Callbacks API
- Click, touch, hover, and keyboard helpers
- CSS Class Helpers
17. Bellows – A Responsive And Mobile-First Accordion Ui.
A responsive, mobile-first accordion UI module for progressive disclosure on the web.
Bellows supports jQuery but is not actively developed for it. You should be able to use Bellows directly with jQuery 2.0.
18. Tag Editor – A Powerful Tag Editor Plugin For Jquery.
A powerful, lightweight and Colorful tag editor plugin for jQuery.
- Edit in place tags
- Intuitive navigation between tags with cursor keys, Tab, Shift+Tab, Enter, End, Backspace, Del, and ESC
- Optional jQuery UI sortable
- Optional jQuery UI autocomplete
- Copy-paste or delete multiple selected tags
- Duplicate tags check
- Custom delimiter/s
- Custom style for faulty tags
- Public methods for reading, adding and removing tags + destroy function
19. Ideal Image Slider With HTML5 and CSS3 (Retina and ARIA).
The aim behind the Ideal Image Slider is to create a slider which has just the right amount of features, with no bloat and be easy to extend so that more features can be added as “extensions”.
HTML5 (SEO optimised)
CSS3 transitions (a few simple transitions like slide/fade)
Left/Right navigation (including touch/swipe support)
HiDPI (retina) support
Extremely simple to setup (no dependancies)
Uses progressive enhancement
Open source (goes without saying)
20. Form Wizard – Single input conversational wizard With Validation.
Ditch the multi-input fields and try this single input conversational wizard instead. Perfect for quizzes, sign-ups, or for replacing traditional chevron wizards. The wizard status indicator and styles are made to work within the stylekit framework and across various devices. Quickly generate as many questions as you need with simple validation options built in.
- Subtle and effective CSS animations to question transitions.
- Optional tooltip feedback for questions.
- 100% Responsive.
We update our homepage with Newest and latest jQuery plugins everyday. Dont forget to follow us on twitter and check out our website daily.