A lightweight HTML5 video player which includes support for captions and screen reader accessibility by the PayPal Accessibility Team.
Read the blog post Introducing an Accessible HTML5 Video Player on the PayPal Engineering blog.
- Provides an HTML5 video player with custom controls.
- Supports captions; simply denote a VTT caption file using the standard HTML5 video syntax.
- Uses native HTML5 form controls for volume (range input) and progress indication (progress element).
- Accessible to keyboard-only users and screen reader users.
- Option provided to set captions on or off by default (upon loading).
- Option provided to set number of seconds by which to rewind and forward.
- The width adjusts to the width of the video element.