10 Best Jquery File Upload Plugins With Image Previews
Uploading files and images is one of the most common task in today’s modern web. It is a relatively simple task, but due to increasing demand to create user friendly interface like image previews, Size information ,Multi Queue uploads, Cropping , Resizing etc that’s where Jquery, HTML5 and Ajax comes in picture.
We have Compiled a list of 10 Best Jquery File Upload Plugins With Image Previews, Drag and Drop, Compression, Validation and much more to add better functionality and usability to your upload component.
1. WebUploader – HTML5 Based file uploader with Preview and Compression.
Webuploader is html5 based new file uploader solution with Preview, compression, Slice, concurrent and multiple upload drag & Drop support functionalities.
2. Closify – universal image-uploader in the whole internet!
Closify is a jQuery based plugin, that simplifies the developers task to create a dynamic image uploader.
With closify you can easily create any kind of image convas (cover, profile, or custom banner) with whatever size you define, and intelligently enough the Closify plugin would resize the image according to the size of container you defined with a respect of the image aspect ratio, and then it start to generate a dynamic widget that give you the capability to position/reposition your photo adequately; save the photo with the desired position and submit the position information to the server side for storage; change the photo you have chosen and just delete the selected photo.
3. Bootstrap – File Upload with file preview for images and text.
This plugin enhances the HTML 5 file input for Bootstrap 3.x into an advanced widget with file preview for images and text, multiple selection, and more.
It offers support for multiple file preview and previewing both images and text types.
4. Dropzone.js – Drag ‘n’ Drop File Uploads with Image Previews.
5. Plupload – create File uploader with previews and Drag Drop Support in Minutes (HTML5 Support).
Plupload is a cross-browser multi-runtime file uploading API. Basically, a set of tools that will help you to build a reliable and visually appealing file uploader in minutes.
Plupload is built with the future of HTML5 in mind.
- Upload in HTML5
- Drag’n’Drop Files from Desktop
- Access Raw File Data
- Shrink Images on Client-Side
- Upload in Chunks
6. Flow.Js – Angular HTML5 file upload with Multiple Simultaneous, Stable and Resumable Uploads.
Recover lost upload
Drag and Drop with folder reader
Drop area animation
Custom upload buttons
7. Jquery File Upload widget with Validation and Progress Bars.
File Upload widget with multiple file selection, drag&drop support, progress bars, validation and preview images, audio and video for jQuery.
Supports cross-domain, chunked and resumable file uploads and client-side image resizing.
Works with any server-side platform (PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, Java, Node.js, Go etc.) that supports standard HTML form file uploads.
8. HTML5 File Uploads with image preview and progress bar using jQuery.
Upload Center will allow people to upload photos from their computers by dragging and dropping them onto the browser window, possible with the new HTML5 APIs exposed by modern browsers.
The photos will have a preview and a progress bar, all of which controlled on the client side.
9. Jquery File Upload API with Crop and Resize.
jQuery.FileAPI is jquery plugin for File upload with multiupload, image upload, crop, resize and etc.
10. FineUploader – File uploading without any Hassle (Premium).
Async tasks & promises
Drag and drop
Multiple upload buttons
Pause in-progress uploads
Previews & thumbnails
Thats all Folk’s. Do let us know which one you selected and why in comments below.